Public library named after A.S. Pushkin

Regional Scientific Library named after A.S. Pushkin. In the past, for almost a half century, one of the oldest and most beautiful churches was located at this place and had several names - Arhidiakonskaia, Bogorodichnaia, Utkinskaia. The parish of the church began to function from the second half of the XVII century and was originally formed Yamskaia Sloboda, where people from different cities and villages lived. The settlement first had a wooden church, consecrated in 1686 by the eminence Pitirim, in 1770-m it was moved to the Peter and Paul Cemetery, and a year later, the merchant Ivan Utkin laid a new stone church at this place, which was consecrated in 1778-m and expanded in 1835 and 1857. The church was warm, three-altar in the names of Archdeacon Stephen, St. Demetrius of Rostov and the Mother of God (Bogoroditsa). The church was formed by three priests, one deacon and three cantors. The church also contained a parish school, women's fellowship and a library (740 volumes of books). Utkinskaya church was destroyed in 1930.

Biblioteka Puhkina3

Bidlioteka Puhkina interer2

Bidlioteka Puhkina interer

Bidlioteka Puhkina interer3